Thursday, December 18, 2008

So this time of year so many media outlets blast their readers with end of year lists, I read them with great interest to see if they match my tastes.  Its amazing to see people wrap up a year in 10 or less lines or blurbs.  Is that not the most interesting thing? To wrap up a full year in 10 items or less?  Its like the express lane of events and I don't know seriously if I can wrap one year up in 10 lines or less.  So much has happened, I have seen and experienced so much its hard to imagine putting it down all compressed like others seem to find so easily to do.

But... because I am not one to ever miss any opportunities to try something new here goes and in NO specific order.  I am limiting myself to 12 items one for each month, the highlights and maybe lowlights!

January 2008: my favorite post of the month, the WGA was striking and tv sucked so I watched alot of movies. I enjoyed the concept of finding old friends on MySpace (not really).  I also got poked.

February 2008: I paid off my car, and my favorite post of the month, Valentine made me laugh about potatoes. I found an episode of The Simpsons which was great. and it snowed.

March 2008: My favorite post of the month (the video edition!). I got to meet (sorta) Mick Jones (at least get my picture taken with him).  Toured some hotels.

April  2008: My favorite post of the month. Went manual. Bought a good camera.  Caught up with old friends.  Got over my "car thing".  Went to Loveland.

May 2008: My favorite post of the month. Made inappropriate comments about Elliot Spitzer and Levitra with my Dad.  Obcessed about Tom Waits tickets. I baked pecan pies.

June 2008:  My favorite post of the month. The Fluid reunited.  Started to edit video again. Traveled for pleasure and it was.  Had a great lunch with my bro at Il Postino.  Saw Tom Waits and loved every minute.

July 2008: My favorite post of the month. Bonus Video. Had a birthday.  Almost fainted. Traveled for pleasure and work.  Had mind erasers the "zoe way". Found graffiti nice.

August 2008: My favorite post of the month. Remembered how much Roscos rules.  Had a great time at shows. Got to go to some cool Democratic National Convention events. Found the Diane Arbus' at our DAM.

September 2008: My favorite post of the month. Hiked Red Rocks.  Ate at Frasca. Enjoyed shopping.  Loved Nick Cave.

October 2008: My favorite post of the month.  Had some fun at shows.  Got a really bad cold.  Enjoyed mirrors.

November 2008: My favorite post of the month. Made it past the day.  Voted. Didn't enjoy the  DIFF as much this year. Watched Democracy in action.

December 2008: My favorite post of the month.  Didn't feel the joy of the holiday season.  Made myself proud for being strong.  Played with my new camera.  Saw some great shows.


So there it is.

Got my haircut and was talked out of getting it all cut off, not long enough to donate yet even though I really wanted to. Glad I didn't do it now.  Thanks Stacy for talking me down.

No comments: