Saturday, June 09, 2007

This morning I went over to my parents house because their neighborhood was having this garage sale and they decided to participate. My Dad is a nut. So funny. I can't even begin to explain how really funny he is. But now I am really just exhausted.

There was this lady who was driving around the sales but verry verrrrrry badly. My first interaction with her was when she pulled out in front of me and then turned around right in front of me and nearly hit this little kid on a bike. So when she ended up at my parents house and dickered over a price for a punch bowl I wanted to smack her. My Mom was really patient and when she finally agreed to the $7.50 that was the price (which was firm), we were happy to see her go but held our breath when she drove off because she nearly hit my car (again). Then about 2 hours later she came back.

Why?

Well, the punch bowl was too heavy and she wanted to return it. What? Do people really do that? This is an antique punch bowl, with a ladle, 12 cups and probably worth 10 times that... but to get the nut job off the driveway... we took it back.

My Mom's neighbor came across the street and was flabbergasted too. We ended up selling it to her for her son. Grandma D would be so much happier that this kid has the punch bowl. He is a great kid and moving in with his girlfriend soon and they are going to be thrilled to have it. He was bummed he didn't get it in the first place. So it all worked out, but seriously? Who returns something that they bought at a garage sale?

I took a bunch of stuff over and didn't sell anything, but it was great to get it out of the house. And now its at ARC. I might not have made a shiney dime but laughed my ass off, got to see bad garage sale form and will be able to sleep super well tonite. I am absolutely exhausted.

No comments: