I have to say... the buzz around the office is that most people.... not the biggest fans of the Sopranos ending. I love to say this, because most of the time I will dissent from their opinions.... but I completely disagree. I f'n loved it. I really really did. I might be one of the few and far between but I just did.
I think it was great. I can't give too much more away because I have a box of joy going to Portland with this "season's" episodes on it. Also I don't want to EVER be accused of giving away spoilers.
Just know... I thought it was terrific. Except ONE part, which is minor big time minor little quibble with one story line. Which I will discuss with Valentine when she sees the show. But not until then.
I loved Six Feet Under's Series Finale because it was true to it's production, just as the Sopranos series ending was. For those kvetchers, you need to watch it again and realize there was much more in the episodes leading up to last night besides the obvious. David Chase and his team are masterful film makers and they knew what they were doing from the very beginning right up to hour 1 of season one to hour 1 and minute 5 (the show was an hour and five minutes) of the series finale....ok there was some filler in the middle parts I will admit it but for the most part... just great.
I just read one post on a bbs and holy all that is great, did I miss alot. I need to go back, and then I will even doubly agree even more. So great. And that is all I can say or will say about it until I can when Valentine has seen the show.
I am itching to discuss it with someone that watched it and loved it as much as I did... Valentine... watch the episodes tommorrow...seriously.
3 comments:
yes ma'am!
I liked it too (and after the initial fracas, most of the people in the world decided they liked it also). Initial hubub has died down, and on reflection, most people realize that the ending was art in the highest sense of the word.
A truly non-conformist end to a one-of-kind show. The very end will go down in history. (Much better than the standard ride into the sunset, that a lesser director might have done). Brilliant (although at the time, I was quite suprised and stunned - didn't know quite what my feeling was).
Loved Phils situation (not giving away anything either). That was classic Sopranos, and quite amusing, and twisted.
I think they did a great job the whole season tying up a ton of loose ends (in fact they did way more than I thought they would be able to).
Now that Valentine has seen it, and pointed out things I didn't even notice...I need to watch it again, from the very begining. Good thing I have all those tapes put aside huh?
It was good to be put into Tony's pysche for four minutes. I loved the rollercoaster ride. Alot.
Post a Comment