Saturday, December 02, 2017

So I have been screamingly happy not being part of the massive machine that is a couple of things in my previous life (ie:  a short couple of months ago).
I posted about deleting facebook.  Now I am going to come clean about something else.

About two summers ago I was invited to a friends how to do some card making.  I wasn't really sure if I was going to like it. But it was an afternoon off work with some people from the office and it allowed me to network and get out of my comfort zone as far as that goes.  And that day I fell hard. In lurve (as they say).  I spent Thanksgiving weekend knocking out my holiday cards for this year.  It was amazing to do and not be distracted by social media. I used supplies that I had even.  Booyah!  I am learning better to use what I have.  It really is a skill... I enjoy the shopping and shlepping and trying out of new things... but I have to say... using what I have is so satisfying.

Today I will address them and and tommorrow I will be mailing... hopefully everything will get into people's mail boxes and they will be happy ... as happy getting the card as I was making them.  

This is the kind of socialization I have re-learned to enjoy... it's a little more time consuming but certainly much much more satisfying.

No comments: