Saturday: June 16
I am watching Spike TVs Guy's Choice Awards. Ok I have to admit, this is pretty amusing. I have to say I almost agree with all their awards. Ok the stand up crap isn't good. I don't care about Joe Rogin and his dog. Dave Attell kills me though. And I am watching it on my early birthday present from my Mom and Dad. And I loves me some Paul Ruebens you know. How much did they pay him to break out the suit? Everyone else is promoting a movie...what does it mean? What does it mean? Which really was why I was going to watch it. So I am so amused. I am so spoiled. Any I am really a fortunate girl to have such great parents that help to make it happen.
Went out to the mart today. Really expected that I would buy myself something really nice, this is usually the show where I buy myself a nice piece of jewelry. But really it was just kind of meh. I did happen upon a booth of a lady who had a very interesting conglomeration of stuff. In here case she has these rings that were basically bands, peppered with diamonds, and inlaid with this unusual design. It was interesting and I wanted to try one of the rings on. She was not at all interested in even having me look at the piece. First of all, there were no markings to show that the piece was even real diamonds (they looked way too good and I asked if they were c.z. s, that might have pissed here off) there was no indication that the metal used was gold even. So I asked her for the documentation. As ugly and big as this ring was, I really wanted to see if she could produce any information about the quality of the "diamonds" or even that she used 14k white gold, or if it was even silver. She had a smaller version which was more comfortable (yes, she finally let me try them on) and was $1200 and I again asked for the information on the stones. For that kind of money she should have the certification. She couldn't come up with anything. So I walked away. There was something really sketchie and I was NOT about to spend that kind of money on a fun piece for myself to get silver, brass and cubic. I have made some fool hardy purchases in the past. One lady sold me a string of pink pearls and told me they were real... real fake. When I wear them I have to laugh at myself for spending foolishly. I also looked at another cocktail ring. The design was delightful, two open hearts one in white gold the other in pink gold, and each heart had a sprinkling of white and pink diamonds then there were about 5 little sprigs (its the best I can do to describe it) of diamonds coming off each of the hearts, it was really nice. But the diamonds were all really pasty. The girl at the booth was not happy when I asked for a loop. But out of a whole convention floor that was the best I could do yesterday. Pretty disappointing. So instead I am going to go tomorrow probably and buy a tv stand. Damnit... I just went to the Scandanavian Design Center page to link to the one I want, and of course, they don't show it on their page anymore. Crapido. So much for ordering online. I will have to go over to the store today (Sunday) and see what they have.
Friday night I went to dinner with Tinseltown. It was really so nice. We went to Red Tango. Our waiter was a delight. He was amusing and attentive and honest about the dining choices. I was thinking about the manicotti special (stuffed manacotti with crab and cheese with a mango and jalepeno salsa) and he basically said it was "ok" but not any better than anything else. I had the popa de torta, which was a (from memory) a patty of mashed potato, fried to keep it together, topped with a very mild white cheese with a choice of steak, chicken, prawns and probably pork. (I chose the steak) It has a mild seasoning with some fresh greens and crumbled goat cheese and a pico made with avocados. There were two ramekins for additional seasoning, a tart and spicy salsa and creme fraiche'. Dinners are served with a salad or soup of the day (we both chose the soup which was black bean, and just as the waiter promised, it was really great, thick, macerated black beans with a delicate spiciness and teensie bites of what I would expect to be sausage drizzled with creme fraiche'). The prices were extremely good. As we sat and kibbitzed not a single person working made any effort to try and get us to turn the table and leave. It was really nice. I hate being pressured. I definitely look forward to going back. I am glad she made the suggestion to go there. It was delicious. I was excited just to eat someplace new and different and was pleasently surprised how great it really was.
Monday, June 18
Well I thought today I would upgrade my cellphone. Basically to be honest my old cellphone with its trusted dual band technology gets better coverage than this new tri band cellphone. Sad. I have absolutely NO coverage at all in my house. While the old cellphone might have been sketchie at times, this new phone has bupkes. Nothing. Even with the "antenna" fully out. What a major disappointment. I went to two stores tonite to get a phone that supposedly has the best coverage. And I don't like the "features" at all. What I really like so much with my old phone is you can adjust the ringer to vibrate and have a ring tone at the same time. So when I am digging through my purse I can feel for the thing and hear it ringing too. This one, its a ringer or vibrate one or the other, which is bogus. And to be honest, a deal breaker.
So I guess tomorrow on my lunch I will go back to the store and have them reactivate my old phone. I am still on the best plan for me so it isn't like I can negotiate that. Maybe I will just have to wait until August when the new phones all seem to be coming out and see what that may bring.
The guy who helped me at the better store was really friendly so I can't complain about the service at that store, the first guy was a total yutz and I just looked at his business card... a store manager, and that dismissive and yucky...wow. Was not at all interested in selling me anything and the store smelled really rank. Like a dumpster behind a restaurant out in the sun all day... oh wait, it basically is... its right behind a Chipotle'. It was horrible. No wonder the guy was such a bad salesman, he had to work in that smell all day, I will give him a little rachmunous for that I suppose. He still could have sold me a phone, but was not at all interested.
So tomorrow I definitely am taking this thing back. I was talking to Valentine on the phone and literally had to stand half way in my house and halfway out on the patio to get any kind of decent signal. But not all the way on the patio.... then it cut out. Whatever. Color me done with the Sanyo phone. I am putting my old phone on the charger so I can use it tomorrow after lunch and be happy with the "same old". And the phone got really hot while I was talking to her, like my ear is really warm....and we talked for 15 minutes or so. That isn't good.
And no way does it have 4 hours of talk time, the battery is almost gone. It is going back.
I am really disappointed and a little sad. I like new technology alot and this bums me out. I have to be honest.
But Steevoh makes me happy and I have The Closer Marathon to keep me company even if this phone kinda doesn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment