Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Life at the Dakota by Stephen Birmingham

Life at the Dakota: New York's Most Unusual AddressLife at the Dakota: New York's Most Unusual Address by Stephen Birmingham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book published in the 1980s, so there is little dish on the 1980s more famous (cough cough resident. RIP Mr. Lennon) resident for my generation. BUT there is certainly enough historical information that will open up alot of things that I didn't know about this building that I have only walked by once.

I really enjoyed the history over the dish.

It's really well thought out, presented and researched.

Note I read a kindle version of the book so if there are historical photos in the physical copy of book I am sure that helps alot to place the place visually.

That aside, I can't wait to reread and take the time to pull up my own pictures and do some of my own research based on what Mr. Birmingham presents.

I am sorry that he has since died, because his book was terrific. I look forward to read other books that he wrote about places and things.

View all my reviews

No comments: