Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Ebook Review: Sparkle Glitter on My Grave" by Jill Kargman : spoiler... I dug it.

Sprinkle Glitter on My Grave: Observations, Rants, and Other Uplifting Thoughts About LifeSprinkle Glitter on My Grave: Observations, Rants, and Other Uplifting Thoughts About Life by Jill Kargman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really did enjoy this book. It was light reading for sure. Very tongue in cheek and reminiscent of her show Odd Mom Out(which she references often in the book in several places). I didn't find it a distraction, mind you.... since so many people will now know her from that venue.... she name checks it though and I would like to think as a thank you the viewers of the show.

The chapters didn't really tie together but really a book of essays doesn't really have to.

Lots of jargoneese is used in the book and there are entire chapters dedicated to it. I thought it was fun but I can understand why some readers didn't.

If you are not a fan of dreaded cuss words and language this book is not for you...but if you can get past it... you will enjoy it. It's very much like your having coffee with the author and she just talks and tells you stories. Or if you have a potty mouth like I do... you will really enjoy it... I know I did.

The writing seemed so train of thought which was a little hard to follow and keep up with for me and why this took nearly a month to finish... but there are so many nuggets of joy... I really honestly enjoyed reading it.

She is an insider with outsider view from inside.of a world that I will never be part of on any day to day basis so through the book I loved being part of it for a while.

Fun and funny... no heavy emotional lifting her and a great "companion" to the TV show in a way.





View all my reviews

No comments: