Friday, June 12, 2009

It's been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I have been occupied, with work, with watching movies, with being with my man... you know the regular riff raff of things.

In the last couple of weeks I have been busy as all get out. But the highlight was going up to Red Rocks to see Leonard Cohen. It was absolutely amazing I have to say. I don't know that I was anticipating anything more than something great, but seriously, this show... one of my top ten for sure. Here is the review... I didn't take pictures because the request of the venue and Mr. Cohen was NO PHOTOGRAPHY... certainly there were many many people who did bring in their cameras. I didn't even pull out the phone camera because I am sorry, but I respect the artists wishes and didn't take any. I very much enjoyed watching the show and taking it all in, moment by moment. As the sun went down the show just transcended everything I actually wished for. Here is another review with some other really great pictures...

Wednesday I had a little puppy emergency that I am very embarrassed to admit was completely my fault. He ate the mouse poison that I had in the pantry. It was an awful few hours for me. I was absolutely devastated that I had done this to him. I left the pantry door open. But I got him to the doctor in time and everything was relatively fine. I walked into the Alameda East Vetrinary Hospital and Dr. Fitzgerald was there waiting for us. The man is an angel. That is all I can say about it. He saved my furry little baby and made me calm enough to deal with the situation calmly and rationally. He is a gift to this community and I will be pleased to take Herschel back for his care from here on out. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the same respect nor care from my regular Vet so happy to be one of the masses at Alameda East.

My other magical shows and performances will be on the other blog since that is what it is for.

Although it is Friday Night and I am home watching a couple of movies I am really very happy. Very very happy. I am lucky so very lucky I can't really put it into words. Here is the deal. Simply put and I wrote this down someplace else but I want this out in the world...To have F by my side, in my life is so magic and so wonderful I would never have anticipated how nice this is. I am so lucky. He is so tender and kind and dear. No one could be happier. Thank you F for being magic.

I have some really great work events coming up and I am excited to be planning and organizing and working on them. I can't be happier in where my work is leading to as well.

Tomorrow night is the Westword Music Showcase and if you haven't gotten your tickets yet... run don't walk, it's going to be great! See you there...

No comments: