Saturday, January 24, 2009

So apparently the week has ended well for everyone, but was tough all the way around for most of the people that I spoke with last night.  I am glad so very glad that its turned the corner for so many of the people I spoke with.  This is good. 

Went out last night to the Hi-Dive and then over to 3 Kings with F.  We had fun.  I have to say the Denver music scene is so amazing right now.  Our musicians are scorchingly full of talent it is crazy.  I am blown away by it sometimes.  Last night was no exception.  I really enjoyed myself.

Came home and talked a little philosophy and went to sleep. 

This morning woke up later even than later is for us and then went to Lucilles for breakfast (and look they sell a biscuit mix now... holy all that is good batman... I do have an extra from this morning, but I gladly will buy the mix the next time we are there. Breakfast was so good.  I don't know what it is but their grits are better than any others that I have had in so long. Ran into some friends there.  It is an amazing thing going on in my life right now, and I am grateful beyond all measure.  I wish I knew more about Southern style cooking.  I am learning though... I have Cheese Straws down, but would love to expand.  I am getting to it.

Tonite we are going to Stand by Your Band at the Hi-Dive which is a mash up of the local bands playing covers and originals and is so much fun, at least the last time I went it was fun.  I look forward to getting my ya yas out, taking some pictures, having some big fun and making some points along the way.  I did a good job I think last night but know tonite is the clincher for me.  Valentine... it is time.  NO hesitation, NO belaboring it, NO bullshit.

I have to go and get dressed for a birthday party and I don't have a clue what I am going to wear...gack.  Ok off for the evening... happy weekend ya'll

No comments: