Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am really impressed today... my faith in our Country honestly is renewed.  I hope that our political station in the world is brought to a better level than the past 7 1/2 years.

I got the morning off because I knew that I wanted to watch the inagural proceedings from my couch where I could get as emotional as I needed to and not be in a conference room with my co werkers.  Not that they are bad people, they are wonderful, but knowing the political scene from a very small insider point of view, I didn't want anything I thought or felt clouded by the hoots and hollahs.  I went into the office just drained.  I am hopeful and look in such an anticipatory way for our future in this country which I haven't felt in a very long time.  There are great challenges and I hope that locally our politians feel this air of hopefullness and do right by it's citizens.

Our nation is at such a cross-roads and it is extremely exciting to see and in a very very remote way be a part of. My career path will be distinctly effected by this administration and I am routing for the positivity that potentially is on the horizon.

I listened to President Obama's speech and was transfixed by the challenges that he raised.  I went back and read the previous Presidential Inaugural address and the impact, not so effective and tranfixing.  Not just because I didn't watch it 4 years ago (I didn't) and not because I didn't care (reading it now I find it rhetoric and excuse filled and I didn't). The tone today was no bullshit, lets get to work.  And the humor found at the conclusion of the benediction at the inaugural proceedings I think shows the magic we are about to see and participate actively in, just by being citizens of the United States. 

And the first proclamation by our newest President (how brilliant to be able to actually say this...finally) is amazing. Today is a A National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation. This is something amazing:

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century."

(courtesy of the Whitehouse.org - the Breifing Room blog. Our new administration HAS A BLOG...pretty spectacular.)

So we move into the future.  With great anticipation and hope. Which is a privledge because we haven't felt this way, or I will say honestly in my own case, I haven't, in over 8 years.

History is being made.  And to that I do with a heartfull of joy say "Amen".

No comments: