Sunday, May 11, 2008

Not quite sure what to post but I really want to... so just know... it is a gorgeous day outside and seriously I am absolutely unbelievably good today. And Herschel is a terrifically good boy.

Just caught up with Sooz and am thinking that I really should get on with my day...

......later
Yesterday I went to St. Killians cheese shop in Highlands. It was a really cute little shop and bustling with customers. Many who the counter folks (I have to assume the owners) knew by name. It was really nice. I wanted to get some cheese but didn't because I was a little overwhelmed by what I saw as offerings. I didn't have anything that I needed necessarily so I just got my Zapatista honey (which I found out about by reading the Denver Eater blog) and went on my way. But I will go back should I EVER actually entertain and have people over for cheese, because it just smelled like magic there. Next lead I follow is to check out Urban Pantry. So maybe that will be my jaunt next Saturday.

Talked with Valentine tonite who always seriously just makes my day with her specialness. I wish each and every one of you, your very own Valentine... I said to her that I am the luckiest girl in the world and she helps to make me calm down, realize this and make my day whenever I talk with her.

Last night we went to see The Visitor. There are about 10 different things that I loved so much about this movie. One of them was the message about the ridiculous nature of our current countries behaviour towards immigrants. The second was Richard Jenkins briliant (and I mean brilliant) portrayal of the main character. My heart ached for his apathy and then for his self discovery. Every single one of the characters was so well portrayed I just couldn't believe these were actors. And the film was beautifully shot. There was purpose in every scene, nothing was accidental. And this is what I loved about the Station Agent, not a single scene was accidental.

I have to clean up a little bit and finish some other writing that I have yet to start. Oh and fold me up some laundry!

Happy Mothers Day to any who are Mothers out there... hope you have had a magically delicious day.

No comments: