Tuesday, May 13, 2008

talkie talkie

So sometimes I have hilarious conversations with my Dad, usually it ends up with my saying something completely inappropriate and off color that I just have to sit there and admit I am not ashamed to have just said that had I the money I would consider hiring Elliot Spitzer's call girl because I would love to know what $4500 an hour really does get you and if there are any tricks (no pun intended) that garners that kind of cash layout (again, no pun intended). Seriously. And the fact that I said it in front of my Grandfather and Great Aunt in the middle of a busy salad bar shouldn't surprise anyone that really knows me.

Now, that being written I was looking online for quotes to put up above my kitchen entrance. I have this drop ceiling that I used to print out pictures that my friends had taken and now with the advent of blik I just wanted something that was fun and fit me and the mood I want in the house, while their fancy little do dads and shapes were fine, I wanted something better, more personal... so I found some transparancy "paper" laying around the office and went to printing. . I had a quote from a chorus in Temptation by Tom Waits but it was small and I wasn't finding inspiration like I was hoping. I found a couple things from Dorothy Parker that were just alright but not what I was looking for. I searched and searched and couldn't find anything. I had a really amazing line from Everything Goes To Hell but I really had to find something better suited for something my parents could see. I think I found a happy medium with the quote from Roll the Dice...

It snowed this morning. Which is completely crazy, but it was just really actually kind of fun I have to admit. Nothing in the world like having to take Herschel for a walk at 7 am in sleet. It felt like little tiny needles hitting my face. Precious.

Just spent some time just now on the phone talking with a cow-erker about the old Elitches. Good times. If anyone can remember the name of the ride that was near the entrance that would go forwards and backwards and you had to sit on the interior part of the car because otherwise you would be completely squished by the person next to you... we would appreciate any help you could provide...
I say it was the Alpine Express, but that just does not seem right. A venture to Lakeside this summer is in order, non of this newfangled amusement park junk...


(edited to add: thank you PoPo... it was called The Zeigspritz)

No comments: