Saturday, April 19, 2008

So my "sponsor" has kept me on the straight and narrow this morning. Gawd lurve her... because I would make some very poor decisions. Not that in the heat of the moment I could actually say what I want to say, for some reason I become mute but that is another story for another place, not here. After a rather nice evening out wishing for the languid morning of coffee and breakfast she called me on my shit. She reminded me of my rule and that I have to not mess with it that it is there for a reason, no matter how frustrating it can be. Maddening. And what is worse is that while we were on the phone and she was talking me off the proverbial ledge of bad choices she was on the way to Lucilles for brunch....gah...really? Damnit. What a perfect way to go into the last chometz for the week. She invited me but seriously I don't know her peeps and I can't sit there today.

I am behaving myself the best that I can. And I realize that in the past two and a half years I haven't gone and really done bupkes. Stayed in a comfort zone of 2 miles from my house and didn't really stray too far. So this really is all very good. OH and I also really love the Hammond Organ... that I knew but holy crap this guy last night was really great. The trio was great. Perhaps I was just holding out waiting patiently? I don't know all I know is that I don't want to wallow in what I might have missed because it is all about the experiences I have now but there is something to be said for being the only person out on the road with the cabbies and bus drivers on the way home. It was the quietest and simply divine drive home I have had in a long time. No hustle, no bustle, no pressure. Pretty much the vibe of the evening.

I did just realize that I forgot to get postcards at the restaurant like I wanted to so I will have to go back.

And by the way G.... the whole Platte area is freakishly different. When you are back here we are so going for lunch on the patio and a walk.... went through Commons Park which was completely weird from the Platte AB days. Also the 15th Street Bridge is up, its a sight.

I am thrilled to be getting out more. That goes without saying. I hate being vague with some people about the sitch but there is previous drama and a wake of broken hearts in the past so protective mama bear behaviour would come into play and I don't want that cloud over me right now. I certainly could say that that special project now is me...probably.

No comments: