Tuesday, April 08, 2008

bit the bullet...

So finally after a year of talking the talk and not walking the walk, I got a mid level digital slr today. And I didn't even have to use any tax return money (which I wouldn't have done any way but good thing I wasn't planning on it because I still haven't done them yet... Wednesday perhaps, Thursday... my Mom my accountant always pushes me to the last minute and it makes me nervous). But I have been saving and thinking and wishin' and a hopin' that I would buy one and today when I saw it on sale almost a hundred dollars less than I was actually going to pay someone else online at Circuit City and I could pick it up in less than 25 minutes, color me done.

So I bought a Canon S5 IS. It is a mid level SLR with plenty of the options that I want with out going really deep into the territory of near professional level cameras and the cost. I don't know what I am doing in the least so getting this camera is a step in the right direction. And it amazingly is small enough to fit in the case that I carried my other cameras in. So it will still fit in my purse which is crazy and completely unplanned but a super nice surprise. Discovered that on the phone with PoPo.

Took a couple pictures but not happy with the results but that is because they are grainy since I have no clue what I am doing with this baby. But I am excited about using a viewfinder again. Mostly I have shot pictures with the lcd panel, which is fine but once I update and get lenses then I am getting into the viewfinder action.

So off to read the manual I suppose so I can have a little clue what this thing really could do and how to make it happen.

No comments: