Friday, December 16, 2005

Only in suburbia would I find this....

 












Why I am posting the back of some guy walking out of a store? Because the whole situation leading up to me even taking this miserable and porely executed shot just amused me, but in a very sad way.

So like I said yesterday... decided I was going to go out to the "other" mall, Park Meadows and see what I could do... just go and read yesterday, no need to rehash. I decide as I am walking to Urban Outfitters to see about the lamp and decide... ok... why not. I will go into the "I-Hate-My-Parents-But-Love-Their-Credit-Cards" Store, otherwise known as Hot Topic. When I was a young punk rawker, it was Wax Trax, ImiJimi or Fashionation, not a store in the mall... NOOOO wait... there was a mall store called Sparx in Buckingham Square Mall. It was kick ass. I digress. I walk into the store, crowded as can be, lots of merch on the floor, lots of people milling about (some adults, some kids) and I see this guy in a camo jacket, standing really close to a display case of peircing jewelry. At first...I thought, huh, thats nice he is getting out of the way of other store patrons. Nope. He was totally getting off on the glass display. Honestly, I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't actually be seeing this. So of course I walk around the display to see for sure.

Well. Yep.

Of course the two blonde teenage girls on the other side of the display buying nipple rings or tongue rings or whatever didn't know what was going on, all I could do was grab my camera, bust the guy and and then try and find mall security.

Mall security couldn't have cared less. And that really disturbs me. Maybe I talked to the wrong person, I don't know. She said there are lots of kids wearing camo in the mall today. Really? Because honey...I don't see them, but whatever. I went back in to Hot Topic told the poor cashier guy some guy was loving the merchandise and patrons way too much and he could not think of what to do. I said... watch for the guy in the camo jacket and you will be fine.

Lovely way to start my shopping day. But it got better.... Posted by Picasa

No comments: