Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lions and Tigers and Gorilla Lamps...Oh My...

Ok. So a couple years ago on some tv show, probably like some reality show of some sort there was a table lamp that looked like a gummy bear. I fell in love. I wanted one. No one knew at all what I was talking about. So I figured that seriously this was probably just some prop someone made in production since lamps with shades jack up white balance and the ability to shoot at some angles and stuff. So I gave up the hunt. I didn't really need it anyway.

Well Monday night when I was in Urban Outfitters looking for something lame and silly to send to Suz for the holidays they had something similar but very different. The price was fairly reasonable, like under 50 bucks and I thought, maybe I should just buy it already and be done. So I stand there, I even think about taking a picture of it. I decide. No. I haven't a place in my house for one more thing to collect dust and make me crazy (like why did I BUY that and what was I thinking...)

So today... I am thinking all about that lamp. I need that lamp. I have the perfect place for that lamp. But I am going to be so cheap that I am going to drive out to Park Meadows to buy the lamp so that I can save on the tax rate. I am a freakin' nut job.

I also have a Crate and Barrel gift certificate I have to use already or it starts to loose money I am sure since that is what those cards do now a days.

I had a wonderful lunch today with my new get me motivated to take film photos friend.... What a treat. I did my nervous talking thing because I didn't want to complain that my potatos were ice cold (which is a shanda and this restaurant that we went to should totally know better than that)to the waiter. But I promise to get outside this weekend (if it isn't below freezing) and actually use film for the first time in 10 years! See I told you he would get my tuches into gear!

And this is really just a reminder for myself here: go to get the good bagels tommorrow you are out, put in an order for 6 bialys for Saturday.

I haven't heard at all from the guy staying at the Bro's house while they are out of town. I am kind of nervous about it, but I know that I shouldn't be. I might... might call him tonite to touch base and see whats up. Take him some fudge too and a ruse to make sure the house isn't torn up. Would that be totally transparent? I am the big sis, I am allowed!

No comments: