Monday, October 31, 2005

I got ONE solo little trick or treater. She must have been like 3 years old. I am really disappointed. I was hoping that once the kiddies started knocking on the front door I would have cheered up a little bit. Nope. The trick or treater? Barely even in a costume. It looked more like pajamas. Her Mom had her cell phone at the ready just in case the person answering the door was all nuts or something. I will say that looking in the little pumpkins eyes she was terrified. Poor thing. She won't even eat the candy. So I put in a bunch of what I had...the good and the bad. Then I told her she was adorable...her Mom said thanks. I looked in the plastic container she was holding and I have to say I am impressed with my neighbors candy choices. It was definately the good stuff. Which means, since we don't get trick or treaters we buy the candy we want. Lots of Reeses peanut butter cups.

Went over to Mom's house. Her turn out was 14 kids. And she was giving out full sized candy bars too. I was good, I didn't even snag a Butterfinger for myself. I mean a whole Butterfinger is a little much. The minis though... I am hoping for some of those at 50% off at Target tommorrow. I can definately go early in the morning and get the good candy to fill my freezer!

What is it these days? 1 trick or treater at my house? 14 at my Mom and Dad's? Sad really. The weather was great trick or treating weather, warmish, NO SNOW and actually clear. Good free candy weather. Totally good free candy weather! If I was more into it I would have grabbed a freakin' pillowcase from upstairs and gone around the block myself but bah humbug this year.

Never made it to the glitter store. Not in a glittertastic mood today. Maybe tommorrow once I get all that good candy 50% off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had no trick or treaters at all. Of course, we live in a frum neighborhood, and our porch light was burned out, but still somewhat surprising.

Anonymous said...

I put new light bulbs in my sensor light, and turned on the porch light, and NONE! Not one! More pirate stickers for me!!!

xox honey,
xox