Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I will refuse to click bait your recipe with "crack" in the title

 I am a pinterest user.  I was actually one of the early adopters of pinterest. I love it.  I really do.  I use it daily.  Most of my boards are hidden though.  


That being said in the last 10 months I have worked really hard to find new recipes to make so that we aren't in a food rut, meaning I make the same 10 things over and over again.  In March when the pandemic started and I knew that we were going to be in the house all the time I wanted to make new things, try new things and find new options for favorite things.

One thing that I have found over and over again in the feeds that I follow so many posts link to recipes with the word "crack" in it.  

OMG this is so damned offensive today I am making a stand.  I will not click on your recipe. I will not bookmark it.  I will not share it.  

Why? It's 100% offensive.  

I am not an addict but it is so triggering to me to see that word in any post/recipe title/or pin image.  

What makes your recipe addictive?  Don't be lazy recipe poster... find another adjective.  Just do it.  You are making light of addiction and people's plight with this disease. It's enough. The time has come to right click on your mouse and look for the synonym finder and find another word. Take the action to do better for your readers... it's time.  It is completely and beyond offensive.  

Here are some options... you are welcome and take this advice for free - 

By the way these are just three real titles on pins that are currently on my home screen- 

  • Cinnamon Roll Crack -----> Charming and Easy Cinnamon Roll  - that makes it sound amazing
  • Iced Coffee Crack ----> Iced Coffee Cubes 
  • Mozzerella Crack ----> Air Fryer Mozzerella Sticks (there is a picture of mozzerella sticks with an air fryer) 
You want to make your recipe stand out and entice people to click through?  Come up with a more imaginative and less trite title.  No one wants your Southern Pasta Crack.  

No comments: