Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Yikers

So seriously. I quit faceschmook like two months ago.\Maybe more. All I know is I am happier, more productive and truthfully not missing it for a minute.

I logged into Spotify and kablam I am now logged into faceschmook after downloading and deleting my account. WTF book of the face I mean seriously?

So I am dumping Spotify too.  

My goodness it shouldn't take an act of treason and ties to Putin to get the book of face to just go the f away right?  Oh wait... face schmook likes the Russia and the Putin.  Google and Blogger probably do too now that I think about it.... never you mind that place to post a thought every now and again (blogger)... I love you. 

I would go back to live journal but you know how that ends too.. in tears for the Zoester basically. At least they don't hide that they are owned by a Russian entity and have been for years and years... amen to clear disclosure. I have to respect that but I am not posting there because honestly... don't data mine my content Russia.  Google uses Blogger to data mine content I get that and I know that and honestly it is one more reason that I don't post here as much as I used to. 

BUT THIS IS ABOUT not being able to actually get rid of my fb account and having it log in over and over again.  So this is what happens so you are aware if you run into this.  Any site you use a facebook log on for will activate your account.  I totally forgot that is how I logged onto Spotify.  That was the only way when they started in the US from Europe that you could get an account... now you can register an email (which I have done with another account).  Makes 100% perfect sense, but if you have cookies that store passwords... it will log you into fb if that is the method you use.  It's a great UI feature and keeps you tied to the "social network" but I want out.  And that means ta ta Spotify.  Ta Ta FB.  I'm good with our breakup... can we stay broken up?  I hope so.  

Anyways... I basically tonite had to go into "my account" that was supposed to be gone and get rid of it again.  What a pain in the butt. 

Hopefully it will stick this time.  

Seriously... I wouldn't have had any idea but I have an email folder that I used to use (but totally forgot about) for messages and there were new emails in there.  So that was my tip off. 

Note that no matter what ... and I know this... nothing on the interwebs really ever goes away even if you click all the buttons for it to.

Which means all the accounts that someone signs me up for (well not me but my email address) math tutoring and some other social networks for little kids will always show my email address.  I actually do go in and change the password when it happens and hope that it notifies a secondary email address... but it probably doesn't.  

Oh well ... farewell again book of the face... farewell to your shitty algorithms determining what I see and what I don't and forcefeedingmebadads.  Farewell to all that again and again and today AGAIN.

 


No comments: