Thursday, October 05, 2017

yeah... so...

I have been the book of face free for about a week and a half.  Its been amazing.
I have not missed it one stupid bit for not one stupid minute for not one stupid post about our miserable president.  

That is what put me over the edge a few weeks back.  Honestly I couldn't take all that misery.  So I backed that hot mess of 10 years of posts up and deleted my account.  Whoosh.  Painless.  I had one millisecond of hesitation.... not gunna lie.  It's kinda the best way that I keep in touch with my Aunt. BUT.... honestly.... I have her phone number and can text her.  And I should.  Anyways.

I have found more time to do things.  Honestly.  I am 100% more productive at work.  I am shocked beyond belief that company's don't block that shit.  It's such a time suck.  And resource suck too.... like I want to know the memory suck on servers for site reloads.  Anyways that is the geek in me coming out.  But seriously.  MORE TIME TO DO THINGS.

It's a gift.  Such a gift. Suck It Face Schnook.  No longer a lemming and it is magic.  Stupid fun magic.

Yeah I get that this is social media too, but I barely post here and no one interacts with me here either so that doesn't hurt.

I read a couple of books.  I finally read Driving Mr. Albert.  I had that in my queue for years.  Bought the book probably when it came out in paperback originally.  Started to read it and then put it down and forgot about it. Then my library list gently reminded me I should finish what I started.  So there is that.

Not bad.  Not really what I expected so much... but I finished it and that is the accomplishment. 

Right now I trying to start something... I have four books on my kindle ready for me to start them, the problem is choosing.  I shouldn't do that to myself.  I should pick one book at a time and dive in but I haven't been able to get to that yet.  I have three major training things I have to do for work and that really should be my focus.  Really... it should. But it's not.  

I also cut out like half of the subscriptions or boards that I follow on Pinterest too.  I have to get all the clutter out of my life.  Engage on a more personal level.  That is the goal I suppose.  

Also I have to add this.... I am trying to cook more.  

Just the quick and dirty little update. 

Say hi if you want.... otherwise I will be sitting in the corner trying to choose what to read next.

No comments: