Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Jenny Lawson's Furiously Happy and why I took so long to read this book

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible ThingsFuriously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Soooooo... back in June... looking for ideas for the Punk Rock Book Club (tm) ... I did get notice that the book was on sale on Amazon. I scooped it up... knowing that I wanted it and have for a long time.

So why only now... say January 2017, 6 months later am I actually finishing it?

Here are some reasons why NOT:

Not because I loaned to book to F. Made him read it because he needed to understand why I would lay in bed giggling.

Not because I loaned it to another friend because SHE needed to know why I was giggling.

Not because I put it down because I got sad that Jenny Lawson is dealing with some shit.

Not because I was overwhelmed with life, I mean my issues are insignificant comparitively.

Why did it take so long to finish this book? I didn't want it to end. Seriously. That is the only real reason. I may actually go back and read it again just so that I can enjoy it double as much. Jenny Lawson's insights into life, her ups and downs, her marriage, her relationships are incredible. Lessons were learned. My issues.... irrelevant compared to what Ms. Lawson brings to the table. And seriously... if she can overcome, find the funny and share it... this girl can too.

I think that is the best lesson learned. I had to finish it so that I could start it over again. This time... I will take notes. This next time I will laugh harder and more outloud. I am actually a better person for reading her book. It's funny as all get out and was like my friend Lisa said... a gift. And lucky for me... a present that I get to open again!

View all my reviews

No comments: