Saturday, November 07, 2009

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to a friend's house for a birthday party slash halloween soiree slash taco fiesta de los muertos.  I had a really great time and met some fun people and actually took some "non- show" people pictures. I realized that I don't do that enough.  SOOOO... big whup right? Most people went to a Halloween party and took people pictures at them. 

Why is this so incredibly monumental in my little universe?

Because the friends house was SO lovely.  It was clean and minimal and everything I would like my home to feel like.

I am so inspired to get my act together and limit my clutter.  I know same old story same old song, but still... this was a serious kick in the butt.  I have found myself very inspired to remove items that I don't use or need.  I am taking small steps but I am working slowly to make my home clean, zen and decluttered. It's very good for me.

I have always wanted to have a very simple place with small little collections (my ginourmous and stored Pez collection not withstanding) put out, but over the years it had gotten out of control.  So today I continue to clean and work on this.  I will not be able to do this overnight or quickly and I know that I have a very big job ahead of me. 

I thank my friends sincerely for inspiring me to move ahead on this!

No comments: