Tuesday, January 27, 2009

so ... first things first...

Freak Train... finally went (after years and years of wanting to and never going) and am so glad that I did I am glad that I have friends that would.  The cold and frigid weather might have kept some people away but since I committed myself internally to going, first of the year, first show of the year, first time for everything... had to. 

We went to Patsy's across the street for dinner, before hand which was really nice.  Except I nearly collapsed because I was overcome with nausea for some reason, I think I was just jammed too close to the wall for comfort and felt really boxed in, but felt immediately better when I stood up and got out of the booth, so I am sure that is what the is.  It was no one's fault but my own for getting in first and but wow, I thought I was going to pass out.  But I got to see the stick figure gondola magic and that was totally worth it. 

The nights line up included an interpretive dance with sausage, a belly dance, some jokes, some magic, some songs, a bed time story about a duck, the time warp,  some poetry and good friends.  F gave me his door prize ticket and we won tickets to a show on Saturday night... we are winners!  And for the record, I don't think I will be able to look at the juice in canned corn the same for a while... thank you F. 

On the drive home I got a little turned around in the neighborhood and ended up sorta but not really driving around aimlessly for about 15 minutes. I knew where I needed to go, but it was so quiet and absolutely gorgeous out (albiet a little cold).  It was starting to snow a little bit and actually was really peaceful.  Ended up taking some pictures at a Catholic Church that was so amazing I nearly passed out again (well not really but I when I drove by my breath was taken away for a minute and I had to stop right there in the middle of the street and take pictures) You can see them on flickr later tonite or tomorrow.  Probably tomorrow.

Barely got out of bed this morning, it was way too comfy cozy to get up but I had to, I had some I.T. worker bee coming over to work on our Director's computer and stuff so I had to be here.  Go me the little worker bee too.  And Yay for being a worker bee for sure.  Grateful beyond all belief that I can since I know people who unfortunately are unable to say the same right now. 

Tonite is the last jammer mcjammie at the Meadowlark the way it has been, it is still happening on-going on Tuesdays but with a different host, not Dave K so I am planning to go down there after later tonite so bid adieu.  I am looking forward to a chill evening of improvisational jam.  I do love watching F play.  Have to boldly go there and put it out there in the world.  It is so true.

I am very much looking forward to G-love moving back to D-Town soon.  I am seriously planning a big soiree' of Welcome Back at Casa Bonita.   The last time we went we seriously had so much fun, now with some of the peeps I know now ... so much funner and insane, because... we didn't drink the last time but will this time for sure.  And go on a Friday night when it is batshit birthday party central.  That is all I am sayin.

Stayed clear of the crack today (facebook for those of you in the know) and am super proud. I am only allowing myself like 1 hour which is enough to accept my requests and the like and catch up on the status updates of my peeps.  I have to do better with my time for sure.

I want cake for the record but don't have any.  Fail.

No comments: