Saturday, May 03, 2008

I am publicly calling out Valentine for her graciousness letting me clam on all about my situation. I am really so glad she is my friend.

I am watching the Soup, then I am going to hunker in and watch a couple of movies because I am in for the evening.

Baked a couple pies last night before going out. I decided that I would make pecan pies. Took one to a Kentucky Derby party this afternoon, and how completely devastating is the story of Eight Belles? How sad. I just had a slice of the pie that I have kept here. It actually turned out really well. Yummy. Bourbon (Makers Mark if you must know) Chocolate Pecan Pie.

Spent the evening last night before coming home soberly falling all over Denver's streets and movie theaters. I look like I have been beaten up. But really it is just my complete stupid lack of coordination. I have been known to walk into doors, tables and have just fallen over before, just horrifically it happened last night and more than once and in public. I am seriously laughing my ass off because it was seriously the most silly thing that embarrassed the crap out of me. I made the joke that I am not going to be able to wear sleeveless dresses for a while. I have a nasty bruise on my shoulder and the palms of my hands are all jacked up. Oh and my knee is pretty bruised too. That is exactly the main reason why I couldn't try out for roller derby, I just bruise way way too easily.

Watching Mutual Appreciation tonite. It is supposed to be the director's ode to French New Wave but honestly I would rather just watch Breathless and just watch something really good...and some others think the same way. Some of the shots are beautiful though. Justin Rice has nice teeth though. I have about four other movies Steevoh has held onto for me so I am happy at home on the couch chilling out. I do wish I had potato chips. But I won't leave to go and get them.

No comments: