Saturday, December 15, 2007

I remember the frenzy that I went through to see Tom Waits at the Paramount Theater. Rob told me about the tickets going on sale, and I honestly I think I nearly fainted. I was standing in the lobby of the Tabor Center and all I remember hearing was "Tom Waits...tickets...sale" and I was on the phone to the record rep at Slash. She had no goods. She couldn't even confirm. I was freaking out. The announcement hadn't been really made yet. Knowing that Rob wouldn't lie to me about something of such importance (he is a big fan too) I spent the next two days calling in favors just to see one of the two shows. I offered to babysit for a radio station manager for every weekend for the next year just to get a ticket. Then the tickets sold out in like a second and I was really freakin' and really sad because I just didn't anticipate it happening. I relegated myself to not going.. And miracles happened about a week before the shows... I got ONE ticket for EACH show. All I had to do was stand. Uh... k. I will never forget it. And thank Robin to this day for her coming through for me.

Reading that he is doing a show in LA, brings back every single emotion of that moment. Reading that it is a fundraising dinner for Bet Tzedek (which strangely enough after linking through I have actually heard of) really makes me happy to get the word out. I wish I knew people in LA that would even consider going but sadly my appreciation with Tom Waits unfortunately falls on deaf ears with them. Suffer the fools.

When Mystery Men came out I was all happy to see my super not-so-secret crush Paul Ruebens and then at the screening I really nearly feel out when I realized Tom Waits was in the movie. Seriously, HE made the movie for me. He was so funny.

And I am sad that I don't live in Los Angeles anymore because I would totally go.

LA is so lucky.

No comments: