Saturday, November 05, 2005

wish listin' like crazy

I spent most of the morning running errands and getting somethings in order. It felt pretty darn good actually to be out of the house before 10 a.m. Went to the last of the Farmer's Markets in Cherry Creek and was treated to the weirdest weather while buying the last of the Chocolate Pasta (seriously this couple right before me seemingly was about to buy it all and I was going to be very sad, but I got the last 3/4 pound) and some heyooge butter croissants. Then in an instant it started to snow/slushie rain and we cruised to the car.

Came home changed into the more appropriate shoes for the weather and left to get my hair cut...(Stacy... I heart you and I know I don't have a mullet, I was just kidding) and the sun was out, the streets were drying and it was looking like Indian Summer again.

Hairs fixed up and less scraggly I headed to Target because I knew that the skirt was going to be "in" and I was freaked about not getting it. But only freaked in the sence that it could really be weird and cheap looking. But it wasn't, it just wasn't in my size and the only one that they had. So off to two more Target's to find the right one. At Super Target numbero three-o, I quickly try the skirt on, while on the phone (I know its crazy) and oila... perfection in a fun party skirt for less than 25 bucks (thank you Isaac I still want to put you in my pocket and carry you around with me). I buy some hangers and think ... this is pretty o.k. today.

Went and tried to find some votive candle holders that I just knew that I had seen somewhere that I remembered loving. I just wanted a couple. Just a little something for the newly cleaned and primped living room. Well, I wasn't seeing anything that I just loved or remembered loving. Then it hit me... glassybaby . And I didn't see them in a store I saw them on The New Martha Show. And I remember how freakin' awesome I thought these votive / vase / cups were. Now I just have to start savin' because I want a set. And $35.00 is a bit o' cash to drop on votive holders, no matter how stunning they are... no sorry Martha...pret.tee they are. So that is wish list item number one or ten depending on how you think about it.

And this is just the start. I plan on mentally and blogging some more outrageously crazy foo foo items that I just love as the holiday season kicks in. I have been known to spoil myself and this is not a plea or device to get people to buy me things. I mean no one in their right mind would actively pursue some of the stuff that I love.

Oh and I have decided that I really love these pret.tee petal plates and bowls and this serving bowl is scrumptous. Of course there are some other things at Crate and Barrel I lurve, but that is enough linkage for them.

And how cool is this Double Boiler? All in one? Fantastic. Its so on my list. And these dishes are fun as all well...hell.

So. That is what has been on the agenda for the day. Its all about getting my hopes up. But seriously in a good way. I might be in total frugal mode right now, but I am still able to look at the pret.tees and wish, which is actually better than buying since I don't have any room for any of it!

Always...always good to look!

No comments: