Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Frugal is as frugal does

A couple months ago I went to the Denver Public Library's Annual Used Book Sale. It was interesting. Alot of people buying alot of books. Now don't get me wrong, I bought me alot of books as well. Not a single one that I have actually even considered opening to read. What was I thinking? I will tell you...I got caught up in the moment. Full on crazy, caught up in the moment.

It is a sickness I have with this book thing. While cleaning (read this as: totally just moving one pile to another less conspicious place in the house) this morning, I realized, I have books hidden everywhere. I have books in nooks and crannies I didn't really remember that I had. Sure they are holding things and making what would be an unlevel surface in my closet level, that is just disgraceful.

So. Today. This morning I start to read. I am going to send out my resume like I would normally do (the amount of flooding of the market that I am doing right now is sickening...its like a freakish blitz of shock and awe resume sending...I did though catch myself on one place / potential employer. I am not working in the hospital where my Grandma died...::shudder::, we can take that profile down and like yesterday thankyouverymuch) then open a book and read.

If I am going to make my purchases worthwhile I better hop to it. I have like 200 books that in the past say 10 years I have bought and NEVER even opened. That of course does NOT include my McSweeney's. They are to precious I am making myself to believe to ever do anything but look at lovingly.

On the agenda today: finish that damn book I have to get back to the library...Home Style or whatever...I am not very much into it whatsoever, it came at the suggestion of distant friendlight person and I should know better than to listen to that opinion. Then... I will start something new, not sure what. Look for the change in the sidebar.

Off to get my literary on.

No comments: