Saturday, September 17, 2005

The New Martha? Not so much.

So I am going to confess. I have been taping the New Martha Stewart Show: Martha. Sorry MDiddy, your show blows. See I like the old Martha show. Sweeping opening, you looking all soft focused and schmoopie with your Chows. Then BAM... right into business. None of this audience interaction non-sence. No waiting for applause to die down. Right into the first 3 minute segment on how to hang a picture or how to put a nail into the wall with out completely jacking up your plaster (you put a peice of tape down, then the nail...and yes I learned that on her show thankyouverymuch). I get that you are a happy woman. I understand that your billion dollar empire is back on track, and honey I am super glad. You shouldn't have lied, you learned your lesson, you served your time. But this giggly time wasting nonsence? Make it stop. I want the Martha show to be back full of valuable information not chitchat. And just because you are neighbors with Sean Combs in the Hamptons, doesn't mean you are even remotely allowed to take yourself so completely seriously that you talk about the "Jack in the Tau...Rus". Mr. Combs should also know better. But it was a great way to show off his line of womens (sorry to get all political on you there) clothing, MDiddy did look fantastic.

I want the Martha that didn't have time to waste on jibberjabber because she would rather take your heart out with a mandaline, bake it in a jadeite glass pie pan and decorate it with newly fallen autumn leaves.

All I ask is that when your numbers come back in a couple months when the fresh new car smell has worn off the show, that you seriously think about going back to a far more interesting and engaging show. Amy Grant learning how to arrange flowers in oasis...not wonderful. Making a chocolate cake with 100 layers in a 10 minute segment with out discussing how happy it is to make a cake and what layer after layer looks like and how does the audience like the show will be much more of a good thing.

I like that you are happy Martha. I do. I am glad you came out fighting and landed on your feet. American Dream honey...keep it up, but how about with much less cuts to the audience and more focus on the projects, you used to have 5 or 6 per show, now what it is 3? Just think about it. I will keep watching just know, I am fast forwarding through like 60% of the wasted space on the show. The Set...amazing? Of course. The design of the projects? Gorgeous? You know it. The show? Blechie and pretty boring actually. But keep working on it... you can make it better honey, I will be patient.

No comments: