Sunday, May 23, 2021

Fridge Love by Kristen Hong

 


So this book just came up at the perfect time for me... I am in the middle of a bit of a lifestyle change (meaning I have less time to fart around in the kitchen) and I thought that I would consider meal prep as a way to get around that fussy time every day that is pre-making dinner to eating dinner.  I have been a fan of Tracy Benjamin for a gabillion eons (and she seems to have mastered the process).  I am not that organized.

So when this book came up as a "maybe you will like this book" option I thought... wow, from the cover it sure looks like it will be a meal prep book.  Weeeeeellllllllll kinda sorta.  Not saying I didn't gleen anything from this book.  I mean I guess I did.  I learned a little bit about where my fridge fan is, why not to block it when filling my fridge with food and condiments etc.  I also learned how the air moves thorugh my fridge design to keep my food cold.  That was absolutely 100% incredibly fascinating.

I didn't honestly prior to reading this book give this much of thought whatsoever.  So it was really a very cool thing to learn.

The first 1/3rd of the book I guess is how a fridge (and probably your model design) operates, how to maximize it so that there is less waste of energy and resources.  It was interesting for sure.  The next third has a great breakdown of how to store your produce.  Valuable information for sure.  But not really what I was looking for.  It's good information for sure, but not what I was looking for.

The pictures are very insta-pretty. Lots of rainbow set ups, not how I would fill my fridge, but pretty as hell to look at for sure.

The last part of the book is all recipes.  It wasn't particularly any thing that I would actually make for us.  Not that they didn't look good, but not something I would make that is for sure.  I am not looking for a diet of vegan foods, which all these are.  So while thumbing through it I just quickly moved through.  

The author has a blog and the book is friendly and written like a blog which was not surprising at all.  Her instagram is from what I can tell the source for this book.  As it should be.

Did I like this book? Yes.  Was it interesting? Yes.  Would I suggest it... maybe. If you are looking for a recipe book with a little information about how your fridge works.  Was it what I was looking for? Not at all.   


No comments: