Saturday, April 10, 2021

What's on the deck to read for April and May?

 Really the only reason why I am putting this list together is to keep myself accountable for the books that I have on deck (and one in progress right now) to read.  I am finding that with the days getting "longer" and my personal life getting a little more out of focused on reading fiction I need to make myself a check list.

By the way, I love a checklist.  ALOT.  I honestly have over four going all the time.  I think it makes me feel productive.  I have actually geeked out so much that I am actually seriously considering making my personal life and these precise things live on a Trello Board.  Project Manage my personal life.  I am that much of a dork that I would even poise myself to do that.  It's very much a consideration. I think it would be great fun.  In the meantime I have a document that I print out on Sunday's with some standard todos, a meal plan and a monthly goal all separated into separate sections.  I don't have a to read list on there... which is why I am putting it here.  I may update my sheet and add a book section now that I have worked through this here. 

So here is this books for April and May :

Oh most of the links are from the publisher or Goodreads so that you can find the place to purchase on your own :)


Last Chance Texaco

I am actually currently reading this and am just about over the halfway point.  I am really holding my breath the entire time I sit down and read it.  I knew a little about Ms. Jones.  Now I know a lot more.  I was so unbelievably fortunate to see her perform the last time she toured and came through town.  I will write more about it, but this book is really good and totally worth the wait.  I have an ARC and have a hard copy of the book as well that I preordered because I knew that it was something that I would want in my library over a year ago when I heard it was being published.  I was not wrong.  


I.M. by Isaac Mizrahi

I started to read this at the beginning of the pandemic last March.  I promise to finish it... I loved what I reading and it was so funny and charming. All the things that I know Mr. Mizrahi is.  I think I stopped reading it because I was reading it before going to sleep in bed and I was giggling too much that I wasn't getting sleepie.  This is the month that I finish it. I love him so much and I am ashamed that I didn't complete it during the past year. 



Emotional Intelligence 2.0

Ok I am going to be re-reading this as a refresher.  At work a couple years ago, one our our leaders started this book as a workbookclub book. There was not a lot of interaction as far as a bookclub goes but I remember getting a lot out of the process in the book.  I learned a lot about my reactions, how I am perceived and being better about what I do in this world and how it is perceived.  Since I haven't been in "the office" for the past year... and hopefully that will be changing soon... I am looking forward to taking the survey again, rereading the book and refreshing my base and EQ levels.  I remember being super surprised by the outcome of the survey.  I am quite sure that I will be again since I haven't been part of a 1:1 communication circle in a while.  


Hollywood Park by Mikel Jollett

This has been on my to read list for a year.  I started it.  I got through half of the book and got sidetracked.  It was great. I don't know why I didn't finish it.  I got an ARC and Mr. Jollett's book tour was the very first one virtually that we attended.  It was so great and he was so engaging, I think I put it down because I was so sad for his childhood after his online tour being so really great.  He is a joy and I need to finish this book.  

and one more, I don't want to get too ahead of myself....and this one is going to be my May book.



1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

I bought the kindle edition maybe two years ago.  It's been on my list THAT long which is ridiculous.  So I am going to make it happen.  


So there you are.. that is what I am going to be working on.  I hope!  That and my Trello Board.  



No comments: