So it's 11:11:11 (Nigel Tufnel Day... get it? ) and I hope that this magical day finds you all well and taking advantage of this most exciting of days. 11 is my friend Suzettes's favorite number so I just know she is bounding up stairs and dancing in her chair at work. She doesn't live here or I would send her 11 cupcakes. But oh well.
- Rue Magazine - this is online and available through ISSU and at this site - really great design sources and ideas!
- Google Chrome - the Firefox wasn't working and updating at work properly (I was using the portable version because of my company's firewall) so I have moved onto Chrome. At work it's great at home it sucks. Totally weird.
- Of a Kind - limited edition artisnal items... there are great items here to be discovered
- One Pretty Thing - actually it's a link aggregation of some really lovely projects and stuff
Items wish listed
- 365 Facts that will scare the shit out of you desk calendar - I dont' really need this but I want to read it's facts
- Patti Smith: Camera Solo - you will see a trend building here
- Thrifty Links Meat Wallet - I just think this is awesome
- Got a couple birthday presents for F (which obviously I can't exactly post here now can I?)
- 2012 Nuns Having Fun Calendar (for my office)
- Legends of the Chelsea Hotel: Living with Artists and Outlaws in New York's Rebel Mecca (see the trend)
- Patti Smith: Dream of LIfe (wait even more so)
- Tiny Ladies in Shiny Pants (this looked cute and I got it used)
- Albertus Swanepoel purple and brown felt hat - I don't know why but this spoke loudly to me... not at ALL my style but I love it... hard
Movies and TV watched
- Castle (when they use Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing with Castle walking around in an Elvis Jumpsuit, this just proves... yeah pretty awesomely great show and great music supervision to put those two together.... -- ps. the link goes to the blog for the music supervisor for the show....)
- F and I watched a couple movies... but I can't remember what they are now... crap
- Boardwalk Empire - Spoiler Alert... there will be blood
- Dexter - no spoiler alert here ... there was blood (not really but some splashing about) and sorry to see you go Mos.
- Stopped reading Goodnight Steve McQueen - certainly when I started reading it I read it with a British Accent in my head but it got annoying and the story really didn't seem to go anywhere so I stopped reading it and put it away.
- Started reading But Enough About Me - her story is similar to mine only in that I worked interviewing and working on a music video program called Teletunes and that I met some amazing and interesting people and artists... it's slightly gossipy and incredibly EASY to read... I will be sad when it's over I think...
Things I have cooked
- Bacon Jam (again)
- Pasta with Pesto (made with peas and spinach and basil)
PS I totally have stolen this idea from the Pugly Pixel website and blog, whose design skills and tutorials are amazing! I don't know where she finds her energy but obviously it's incredibly inspiring!