Monday, October 10, 2011

The week....




It's been a pretty slow week... on the internet front. I did rock through my reader though last night and now have some seriously huge un"starring" to go.  I subscribe to WAY too many feeds. 

Did you subscribe to Ready Made?  Did you hear that you can call for a refund:

I will link to that number in the comments when I find it.

So here we go!

Items wish listed
  • a pair of lug sole boots from Target to replace the worn out ones I currently wear nearly daily (PS there is a buy one get one 1/2 off sale going until October 15th too!)


Items bought
  • We went to Urban Outfitters looking for a couple of items and came up completely empty and in my case feeling REALLY old.
  • Towels at IKEA for my floors instead of rugs (easier to clean) (which was helpful on Sunday when Herschel upchucked)
  • Cinnamon rolls at IKEA for the weekend
  • I didn't really buy it but got a really bad ass clock from my dad made of computer parts - it's awesome

Movies and TV watched
  • Series finale and final 8 episodes of Rescue Me
  • the final episode of this season of The Closer
  • Started to watch the Colbert Report and Jon Stewart again (I go through phases where I have the time and when I don't... I am finding their information incredibly valuable and interesting -masked in comedy-)
  • Suburagtory (Hi I'm Billy... )
  • Anderson - ok seriously I have to admit I have a little crush on this show.  And the view from his studio is AMAAHZING.
  • caught up on Boardwalk Empire Season Two - to Episode Two - it's honestly worth having HBO again... this show is so multifaceted I want to watch the shows again just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. 
  • Watched our dear Denver comic friend Adam Cayton Holland order the bejesus out of sandwich on Happy Endings (which was a happy surprise, I watch the show regularly and what a weird thing to see him in his comic brilliance ordering a sammich in flip flops - ps he might have thought about a spray tan, his legs were really not tan... 303 represent!)


Books read:
Things I have cooked
  • Bacon Jam
  • Onion and Bean dip

IPhone Apps Added
(this is one of sites I go to / have in my reader and get the pointers and freebee alerts- http://lifeinlofi.com/)
Didn't really add anything this week. 
  • I did buy the October hipstamatic hipstapac with the new lens (it's hard to really tell what it does but then again I haven't really played with it too much)


Concerts
  • An Evening with X at the Summit Music Hall
    - they screened X The Unheard Music (which was really weird in a standing room venue) then played the album - Los Angeles in it's entirety - I have to say it was really a great show.  Such a pleasure to see them and they all looked amazing.  John Doe, my girl crush is STILL in full effect, your shirt was awesome. Exene you looked great, Billy Zoom... what can I say... DJ Bonebreak.... so played like it was 20 years ago. Bravo crew Bravo.

PS I totally have stolen this idea from the Pugly Pixel website and blog, whose design skills and tutorials are amazing!  I don't know where she finds her energy but obviously it's incredibly inspiring!

No comments: