Saturday, November 12, 2005

Ode to my fireplace

 












I love my gas fireplace. Its all about the instant gratification. Sitting on the couch, craving roasted marshmallows because I was watching the coverage of the snow and terrible weather up in the mountains. It was a choice, hot toddies or roasted marshmallows. A quick flick of the on switch and bam... that is some sweet ass roasting action. Yes three times over. It was a yummy couple of minutes.

It was the unnegotiable when I was buying my condo. Because I so knew that I would want that moment where roasted marshmallows were a requirement and this moment has surfaced more than once.

I may have a patio the size of a postage stamp, I may not have a garage, but I have roasted marshmallows at the flick of a wrist.

And with my fabulous gas fireplace, with absolutely NO mess, no cracking of embers and I can turn it off just as easily as turned on.

Fantastic. Roasted marshmallow fantastic. Posted by Picasa

No comments: